Job Description for the Youth Coordinator
Application Deadline: October 1, 2018
Please leave a cover letter and resume at the parish office:
20 MacDonald Ave, Grand Bay-Westfield, NB E5K 0B3
Office Hours: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday 9 p.m. – 12 p.m. & 1 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
The individual who fills this position will have a vibrant faith in Jesus Christ, a passion for young people of all ages, and the ability to work independently and in a team environment. Please note: In the document below, the term youth ministry includes Sunday school, elementary youth group, middle level/high school youth group, and young adults small groups.
The Youth Coordinator will be employed 15 hrs/week and be responsible for:
- Delivering the Middle Level & Highschool youth group on a weekly basis.
- Working with the current youth leaders to help recruit and train volunteers to help with each of the youth programs being offered.
- Meeting monthly with each of the leaders for the current youth ministries to help them choose goals for their ministry, work on curriculum for the upcoming year, and provide direction for the ministry.
- Meeting monthly with the Rector of the parish to plan the long-term vision for youth ministry within the parish.
- Coordinating the youth ministry effort at the Church of the Resurrection so that it functions more effectively as a cohesive ministry to young people. Below are some of the steps required for this coordination:
– Meeting with the leaders of each ministry and working with them to develop curriculum that reinforces gospel principles that are delivered in an engaging and age appropriate way.
– Holding quarterly meetings with all the leaders so that there is a better understanding of where each ministry fits within the larger picture. These meetings will also help reveal any redundancies within the curriculum.
– Working with youth leaders to help create a plan for kids transitioning from one group to the next
– Coordinating 2-3 events a year that involve all the youth and young families in the parish.
Our Mission: “Jesus centered, in the community, for the community”
- Mid-Summer Parish Update - June 23, 2021
- The COVID One-Year Anniversary Edition - March 12, 2021
- Soccer, Sailing and Surrender… - February 25, 2021
- Stairway to Heaven or Us? - February 16, 2021
- Dispersed to Go Deep? - February 9, 2021
- Johnny Cash and Progressive Miracles - February 2, 2021
All message sent through this contact form will go directly to Rev. Michael Caines