Forgive? Why Should I
NY Paramedic: 3 Patterns: Forgiveness, be remembered, to have mattered
- Humans need forgiveness AND be able to offer forgiveness (reconciliation)
Lord’s Prayer: Forgiveness is central to The Way/ The Faith Journey
Woven into the core fabric of The Way, is forgiveness: God’s and ours.
This prayer is taught by the same person who would use his last breath to declare his forgiveness to us!!!
- Jesus looks at us: mess/sin/fears/failures and says, “Father, forgive them…”
Sin: “.. to miss the mark..”: with God and each other
Jesus: I will hit the target for you so you can live rightly with each other
Big Idea: Jesus said, “Come, follow me”, Why should I?
B/c/ I am __________ the one Jesus forgives… and empowers to forgive others.
Recognize Forgiveness can be very difficult. A power is broken when we choose it.. looses sting over time – MIRACLE/WAY OF LIFE
Rocks: Times where important to hit target (David&Goliath)/times where not – woman adultery
– Represent our freedom ignore forgiveness or receive it
– represent our freedom to withhold it or give it.
- Mid-Summer Parish Update - June 23, 2021
- The COVID One-Year Anniversary Edition - March 12, 2021
- Soccer, Sailing and Surrender… - February 25, 2021
- Stairway to Heaven or Us? - February 16, 2021
- Dispersed to Go Deep? - February 9, 2021
- Johnny Cash and Progressive Miracles - February 2, 2021
All message sent through this contact form will go directly to Rev. Michael Caines
Leave a Reply