Luke 10:38-42 Sermon Outline – PNSJ 10 a.m. – July 17, 2016
Big Idea: Make time for God and there will be enough time for everything else
X2: We can only be God’s mercy in motion when we are still in God’s mercy
Story/Context: women & men don’t mix
- hospitality important
- Context: previous passage: “…eternal life?” “Love lord… love neighbour..”
- Followed by “Good Samaritan”
- Loving Lord scenario
#1: Pecking order dictates priorities
- Mary: crossing boundaries, postponing duties -> sit/study
- Martha: worried/distracted, tells Jesus what to do
- 2000 years later: Do we tend to tell Jesus what to do?
- Age of Self-Actualization, rights, autonomy, finding self within
- CHOICE: sit and listen OR tell Jesus what to do
#2: Worries and Distractions will always be there
- may change over time, person to person, but we all have them
- This is why, “Jesus-centered…” -> competition for the center of ourselves
- What’s your worry? Distraction?
- Question: What will it take for you to sit and listen to Jesus in peace?
Would you repeatedly reorder priorities so that you can sit and listen to Jesus?
- Mid-Summer Parish Update - June 23, 2021
- The COVID One-Year Anniversary Edition - March 12, 2021
- Soccer, Sailing and Surrender… - February 25, 2021
- Stairway to Heaven or Us? - February 16, 2021
- Dispersed to Go Deep? - February 9, 2021
- Johnny Cash and Progressive Miracles - February 2, 2021
All message sent through this contact form will go directly to Rev. Michael Caines