Future-Focussed Faith and What Happens
Big Idea: God’s incredible future is for those who revere the right things
X2: Following Jesus is the planted seed that leads to more than we can ask or imagine
#1: A seed has to die to do what it’s designed to do
- How do we know what to die to?… -> Who’s the master of your life?
- Is it time to consider afresh – dying to some things? What might they be?
#2: A seed (by nature) is future-focussed
- “Anyone can count the seeds in an apple, but only God can count the apples in a seed.”
- Jesus was fiercely focussed on the future -> incredible, blessed, fulfilled, healing, peace,life,etc
- vs. 27 ‘Now my soul is troubled. And what should I say—“Father, save me from this hour”? No, it is for this reason that I have come to this hour. 28Father, glorify your name.’
- Question: What are your present circumstances – God wants to lead you through?
#3: Seeds can sprout and stay mobile
- History of plants/spices/etc
- Jesus says, “…follow me…” -> House plants, ship plants, flowers bought today
- Sometimes the death of a seed is the beginning of its real journey -> plant self next to Jesus
- Mid-Summer Parish Update - June 23, 2021
- The COVID One-Year Anniversary Edition - March 12, 2021
- Soccer, Sailing and Surrender… - February 25, 2021
- Stairway to Heaven or Us? - February 16, 2021
- Dispersed to Go Deep? - February 9, 2021
- Johnny Cash and Progressive Miracles - February 2, 2021
All message sent through this contact form will go directly to Rev. Michael Caines
Leave a Reply