“Why?” – A beautifully dangerous word
Biblical History/Christian History: full of epic journeys: adventure, risk, choice, fear, unknowns, surprises
Exodus: Israelites, OT Temple Pilgrimage, Joseph/Mary, Emmaus (rock outside), Damascus, etc.
Faith is a journey, a road, a path
Confession: “… that we may delight in your will, walk in your ways, glory of your name. Amen”
Emerges in 1st C. nicknames for Christianity: one of first: “The Way”: road, path, journey
Big Idea: It’s better to follow Jesus into the unknown than to stay where he used to be
X2: Where God wants to take us is always better than where we’ve been.
Now: Introduce one of most powerful, most used words that accompanies journey: “Why?”
Passion story through “Why?” lens:
“Start with Why?” -> understand why, then how/what
Our Parish? Sing? Fellowship? Why count? Why Lord’s Supper
We haven’t lost The Way, but we may need to visit/re-visit our Why?
Take time this fall to pair our Quest with our Question:
a.k.a. Jesus said, “Come, Follow me.”.. Why should I?
Look at: “The Why behind The Way”
- Mid-Summer Parish Update - June 23, 2021
- The COVID One-Year Anniversary Edition - March 12, 2021
- Soccer, Sailing and Surrender… - February 25, 2021
- Stairway to Heaven or Us? - February 16, 2021
- Dispersed to Go Deep? - February 9, 2021
- Johnny Cash and Progressive Miracles - February 2, 2021
All message sent through this contact form will go directly to Rev. Michael Caines