Live in Saint John? Grand Bay-Westfield? Public Landing? Lepreau? Oak Point? Want a new, exciting place to get some exercise and explore? You are going to want to give Blueberry Hill a try. Blueberry Hill is 50 acres of new nature park with over 3 km of trails located on the Martinon-Grand Bay border on the edge of the Saint John river.
Here are some reasons to check it out this summer:
1. It has beautiful unique scenery.
Walk along the trail until you arrive at the newly constructed foot-bridge over the brook. Hear the trickle as the breeze travels by. Enjoy the different trails that take you through fields, old forests, and even an orchard.
2. It has a waterfront lookout.
Not every park has free access to waterfront with a majestic view of Grand Bay. A special trial was built last summer that allows you to rest at the far end of the park overlooking a scene that not many have had a chance to see.
3. It is the perfect place for a picnic or family hike.
The difficulty level is low for most of the trails. Only one has any significant degree of incline. The park is peppered with newly constructed natural cedar benches so hikers can rest along all the way. There are many places that make perfect locations for a family picnic on a warm summer day.
4. Photo Opportunities
If you are looking for a place for a photo shoot – Blueberry Hill is perfect. Stand on the footbridge overlooking the vista. Find the apple orchard at the top of the hill. Stand on the lookout with the expanse of Grand Bay behind you. You will be pleasantly surprised by the backdrop possibilities.
5. There are enough trails to give you a decent workout.
30 min of exercise three times per week is enough to maintain a healthy lifestyle. The 3 km of trail within Blueberry Hill provide enough variety and challenge to keep your heart rate up for at least that long if you are determined.
- Mid-Summer Parish Update - June 23, 2021
- The COVID One-Year Anniversary Edition - March 12, 2021
- Soccer, Sailing and Surrender… - February 25, 2021
- Stairway to Heaven or Us? - February 16, 2021
- Dispersed to Go Deep? - February 9, 2021
- Johnny Cash and Progressive Miracles - February 2, 2021
All message sent through this contact form will go directly to Rev. Michael Caines