Big Idea: God’s good news can always find open ears
X2: God’s rich grace can find receptive ears
#1: The harassed and helpless are everywhere / “Harvest is plentiful”
The harvest is plentiful – People who are open/ready/receptive to God’s grace/good news
#2: Jesus has instructed us to pray
Jesus doesn’t tell disciples what to pray often: Lord’s Prayer, here: PRAY THIS!!!
- Prayer will smash 3 barriers: Busy: slow me down: sabbath, quiet time, retreat, solitude, etc.
o Judgemental: we forget when we’ve been harassed/helpless, rely too heavily on our limited perspective, Pray: see harvest with Jesus lens
o Indifference: we’re good enough/making our bills – ignore harassed/helpless
“Opposite of Love is indifference”
- What do you pray for? “Thy Kingdom come..” INCLUDES THE HARVEST
#3: You can be a powerful force for God
- The Harvest is where “thy Kingdom come” replaces control/comfort
- All Comes Together: Playpark: opportunity to serve, invest, connect, speak hope
o Family: harrassed/helpless
o Will look messy: loud, different, not church culture, etc.
o Will we let “Thy Kingdom come” replace control/comfort??
- Mid-Summer Parish Update - June 23, 2021
- The COVID One-Year Anniversary Edition - March 12, 2021
- Soccer, Sailing and Surrender… - February 25, 2021
- Stairway to Heaven or Us? - February 16, 2021
- Dispersed to Go Deep? - February 9, 2021
- Johnny Cash and Progressive Miracles - February 2, 2021
All message sent through this contact form will go directly to Rev. Michael Caines