Big Idea: Your best future comes from giving your accurate past to God
X2: You can only know God well when you face your past well
#1: Having a family history that impacts your present reality is nothing new.
- Joseph: “I am the God of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob..”
- -> God of generations/families together
Book speaks about themes:
o Abraham, Isaac, Jacob
- 10 Commandments -> Sins can be transferred ” 4 You shall not make for yourself an idol, whether in the form of anything that is in heaven above, or that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. 5You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, punishing children for the iniquity of parents, to the third and the fourth generation of those who reject me, 6but showing steadfast love to the thousandth generation* of those who love me and keep my commandments.
- Family messy-ness is real / can be fluid between generations -> Good News: can be cut off!
#2: It is essential to face our accurate past/family history
- know/discover family history/trends/impact/events -> Book: Genogram ->bold journey into past
- Aspect of confession
#3: The Light of Jesus can shine even into the frontier of your past
- Shine Light of Jesus into past -> place those relationships at cross of Jesus / pray / redeem
- Mid-Summer Parish Update - June 23, 2021
- The COVID One-Year Anniversary Edition - March 12, 2021
- Soccer, Sailing and Surrender… - February 25, 2021
- Stairway to Heaven or Us? - February 16, 2021
- Dispersed to Go Deep? - February 9, 2021
- Johnny Cash and Progressive Miracles - February 2, 2021
All message sent through this contact form will go directly to Rev. Michael Caines
Leave a Reply