Matthew 7:24-27 Sermon Outline
Big Idea: Action the words of Jesus in one new way this fall
#1: You are in danger of building your spiritual foundation on Sand – (Why else Jesus teach it?)
- How to tell? Peace: “Peace that passes understanding..”, not passes recognition – we can know
o Fruit: Fruit of relationships (conflict, words, thoughts), nature of our service,-> reflect Jesus??
#2: Filter your foundation relentlessly in God’s Truth
- Sermon on the Mount: Deals with prayer, fasting forgiveness, generosity, persecution, enemies, et
- Filter ambitions, desires, thoughts, hopes, etc through Truth found in God’s Word
#3: The Grace of Jesus enables Great Action
- Permission to Fail -> Put words of Jesus into ACTION -> Peter failed multiple times, but persisted
- Celebration of Discipline: meditation, prayer, study, solitude, fasting, service, simplicity, submission, Sabbath, confession, worship, etc. This Fall: Emotionally-Healthy Spirituality
They say, nothing will change until you change one thing you do daily/weekly
Do you hear Jesus calling you to take his word seriously??
What’s the action plan? How will the foundation get carved??
- Mid-Summer Parish Update - June 23, 2021
- The COVID One-Year Anniversary Edition - March 12, 2021
- Soccer, Sailing and Surrender… - February 25, 2021
- Stairway to Heaven or Us? - February 16, 2021
- Dispersed to Go Deep? - February 9, 2021
- Johnny Cash and Progressive Miracles - February 2, 2021
All message sent through this contact form will go directly to Rev. Michael Caines