The Anglican Parish of the Nerepis & St. John
Position Description – Administrative Assistant
Application Deadline: October 1, 2018
Please leave a resume at the parish office: 20 MacDonald Ave, Grand Bay-Westfield, NB E5K 0B3
Current Office Hours: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday 9 p.m. – 12 p.m. & 1 p.m. – 4 p.m. Phone: 738-3474
Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Background & Role
Our church family is a busy parish that is seeking to grow in faithfulness, service, ministry. Ultimately our core mission is to be Jesus-Centered, in the community, for the community. Laity and clergy work together in the ministry of the parish, as well as of the wider church. The Administrative Assistant (PAA) is a vital part of this Parish’s ministry. For many people, the PAA is the initial point of contact with the Church. When the PAA ministry is done with excellence, people’s perception of our parish is enhanced. The post-holder fulfills a key communication and administrative role enabling and supporting the ministry of the Parish Priest and of the whole Parish. The PAA is based in the parish office, and responsible to the Parish Priest on a day-to-day basis (or the Churchwardens during an interregnum), and is be accountable to the Parish Corporation as the employer.
1. Maintain all aspects of the Parish Office function, acting as a positive and hospitable first point of contact for most inquiries from within and outside the parish.
2. Preparation of weekly bulletins, power point and song sheets
3. Parish-wide correspondence
4. Maintaining up to date parish records
5. Volunteer coordination and follow up
6. Maintenance of office supplies
7. Maintaining telephone and in person inquiries during regular office hours
8. Other related duties as assigned from time to time.
The Parish Administrative Assistant will:
1. Be a member of a faith community. (Although not necessarily a member of this parish or even an Anglican.)
2. Have the gifts and skills necessary to accomplish the tasks as set out above.
3. Be committed to the ministry and mission of the Parish.
4. Have the ability to work in collaboration with a team of leaders.
5. Subscribe to the Parish’s Leadership Covenant.
6. Have demonstrated ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidences.
7. Have good office and keyboard skills, be conversant with and be competent in the use of a computer and office equipment. (We use PowerPoint, WordPerfect, Outlook mostly.)
Terms of Employment:
1. The position is part-time and based on the expectation of about 15 hours per week on average. Some degree of flexibility is possible respecting office hours.
2. Probationary period will be three months. Thereafter two weeks notice will be required for termination by either employer or employee.
3. Annual Vacation of 2 weeks (flexible) to be scheduled by the Parish Priest.
4. The Parish will reimburse approved expenses, including a per km travel allowance, for any work related travel.
5. Details regarding term of employment and remuneration will be mutually agreed upon and set out in a letter of appointment, which together with this Position Description, form the contract of employment. Salary will be administered on behalf of the Parish by the Diocese of Fredericton.
- Mid-Summer Parish Update - June 23, 2021
- The COVID One-Year Anniversary Edition - March 12, 2021
- Soccer, Sailing and Surrender… - February 25, 2021
- Stairway to Heaven or Us? - February 16, 2021
- Dispersed to Go Deep? - February 9, 2021
- Johnny Cash and Progressive Miracles - February 2, 2021
All message sent through this contact form will go directly to Rev. Michael Caines
Leave a Reply