Big Idea: What God has done for us is only as strong as what we let God do through us
X2: God’s Grace is the tipping point, the transformer, and the target.
Story/Context: OT: Moses gives Law -> Minimum you need to do to be in God’s good books
– Sermon on the Mount -> Jesus gives New Law ->fulfilled in Love
– Middle of Sermon on Mount: Lord’s Prayer
What does our family script explain about us? How is it supposed to shape us? Teach us how to live?
#1: God has given us healthy requests / Things that are always good to ask for..
#2: God promises us a lot in the Lord’s Prayer
#3: Forgiveness is a non-negotiable
- “Kingdom Condition” – God’s forgiveness of us is conditional on our forgiving others
- One More Promise: God wouldn’t have asked it unless he was going to give strength/grace to do it
- Matt. 5:23-24 “.. leave your gift at the altar and go make peace , then offer your gift.”
- Forgiveness begins with the decision to forgive. Feeling follow.
o God has forgiven me and I choose to forgive this person
Opportunity Today: leave gift at altar, make peace, and return and worship in joy.
- Mid-Summer Parish Update - June 23, 2021
- The COVID One-Year Anniversary Edition - March 12, 2021
- Soccer, Sailing and Surrender… - February 25, 2021
- Stairway to Heaven or Us? - February 16, 2021
- Dispersed to Go Deep? - February 9, 2021
- Johnny Cash and Progressive Miracles - February 2, 2021
All message sent through this contact form will go directly to Rev. Michael Caines