Big Idea: God’s love enables our love, even when it’s difficult
X2: The only way to love when loving is tough is with God’s love
JESUS PROMISE: “I will give you a new love that will show the world a new way”-Live it,it’s yours
3 Common sources of Conflict
#1: Assumptions: Sign: argument in your head?
#2: Expectations: You care for your aging parent, siblings don’t do anything… you expect them to
#3: Allergies&Triggers: See parent being sharp to their child ->judge,angry, reminds you were treated
If not dealt with – 2 ways it can surface
#1: Bad-Talk/Gossip: Filter: Before you speak: Is it True? Kind? Necessary?
Bullying: inappropriate or intimidating behavior meant to control or belittle others
Matthew 5 – “Blessed are the peace-makers for they will be called children of God” – Identity!!
Where do we go from here? How can each of us learn God’s ways in conflict
X2: How can we do conflict Kingdom-style?
*Keeping in mind your identity/call/empowered by God’s grace for this!!
1. Speak with the person: “Can we talk for a minute?”
2. Stick to the issue from your perspective: “When ______ happened, I felt like _____”
Assumptions? Expectations? Triggers?
3. Seek a Solution moving forward: “Can I ask that in the future __________”
This is how we live the “… for the community.” part.
If we are really ‘for the community’ – there is no room for being a ‘false peace-maker’
- Mid-Summer Parish Update - June 23, 2021
- The COVID One-Year Anniversary Edition - March 12, 2021
- Soccer, Sailing and Surrender… - February 25, 2021
- Stairway to Heaven or Us? - February 16, 2021
- Dispersed to Go Deep? - February 9, 2021
- Johnny Cash and Progressive Miracles - February 2, 2021
All message sent through this contact form will go directly to Rev. Michael Caines