John 3:14-21 Family Service – Feb. 12, 2017
Intro: Think of a time where someone showed up for you? Love shows up
God’s Love shows up in Jesus – “God so loved the world…”
- Ultimate Valentine’s Day – God loves you
- DISTRIBUTE HEARTS
Love has a Plan
- Kids: How do we show love to our parents? hugs, listen/obey, do nice things, paint pics, clean our rooms, etc.
- Spouses: How do we show love to our spouses? make time, date nights, do nice things, write notes, commit / stick around when going gets hard, clean our rooms, etc.
God took steps to be with us: came, died for us, rose from dead, gave us his presence in HS,
We are invited to take steps to be with God
C of D, EHS all to help us Love God well
Last Chapter: See Insert: Rule of Life – ways to intentionally love God Well
- Note: most of us are already living this – sermons, Sunday worship, food decisions, exercise,
small group, teaching children re God’s beauty/creation, serving in ministry, Sabbath, protecting family time/call family, quiet time in car, quiet walk, etc
- LOVE TAKES THE NEXT STEP
- Invitation: in light of CofD, EHS, how can I love God by taking the next step?
- Next step Ideas: regular prayer time (survey), first thing: ask for grace, last thing: thanksgiving, Kids: pray before bed, Family: say grace before supper, Couple: pray out loud before bed, Seniors: Ask God to show you God-moments where he was/is active
Big Idea: God’s love shows up and we are invited to show up too
X2: God stopped at nothing to be with us – will we be with him?
For Communion (God’s Love shows up – weekly reminder): Bring Heart to show your love for him – write on back a “next step” – given all we have talked about
- need help discerning next step ask me, friend, small group, pray and wait, etc.
- Mid-Summer Parish Update - June 23, 2021
- The COVID One-Year Anniversary Edition - March 12, 2021
- Soccer, Sailing and Surrender… - February 25, 2021
- Stairway to Heaven or Us? - February 16, 2021
- Dispersed to Go Deep? - February 9, 2021
- Johnny Cash and Progressive Miracles - February 2, 2021
All message sent through this contact form will go directly to Rev. Michael Caines
Leave a Reply