John 13:31-35 Sermon Outline – PNSJ 9&10:30 – April 24, 2016
Big Idea: Know the Love of Jesus and you will be the love of Jesus
X2: Root yourself in God’s radical love and you will find yourself loving others radically
#1: Start by restoring the word “Glorify” – used 5 times 4 verses
- Good Def/Biblical Def: Fulfilling what one’s holistic purpose is
- vs. 31: Jesus said, ‘Now the Son of Man has been glorified, and God has been glorified in him.
- What just happened? Last Supper, washed disciples’ feet
- God’s Glory is in servanthood, submitting to God, sacrifice
- Matthew 5:16: Let your light so shine before others… see your good works.. give glory to father…”
- Question: How do we glorify God? How love as servants who submit and sacrifice??
#2: We learn to Glorify God by starting with “Jesus loves me”
vs. 34/35 “34I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. 35By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.’
- Do you know the love of Jesus for you? Were you there when he loved you??
#3: God is glorified in Love. Full stop.
It is God’s love that unlocks the rest of it.. not our efforts that earn God’s love
- Mid-Summer Parish Update - June 23, 2021
- The COVID One-Year Anniversary Edition - March 12, 2021
- Soccer, Sailing and Surrender… - February 25, 2021
- Stairway to Heaven or Us? - February 16, 2021
- Dispersed to Go Deep? - February 9, 2021
- Johnny Cash and Progressive Miracles - February 2, 2021
All message sent through this contact form will go directly to Rev. Michael Caines